When you’re throwing a barbecue, one of the most difficult decisions to make is the food you’re going to serve. You want something simple which tastes good. In theory this is easy, but if you’ve got a diverse range of guests it can be difficult to keep up with their tastebuds! Below we’ve provided you with a list of 8 easy BBQ recipes that will be sure to make a good impression on your guests.
1. BBQ Grilled Chicken Wings
15-18 Chicken wings
- First find a baking tray and line it with tin foil and paper towels.
- Next, rinse the chicken wings and dry them off with the paper towels
- Heat the grill
- Place the chicken wings on the grill and start to cook. Cook for 4 minutes and then flip. Dust the cooked side with BBQ sauce and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken again and apply BBQ sauce to the other side. Leave to cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
2. BBQ Pork Sandwiches
3 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 pound of pork tenderloin
4 hamburger buns
2 cups of coleslaw
2 thinly sliced green onions
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- First, spray your grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Put all of the ingredients in group A into a bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Next, use the mixture to coat the pork.
- Put the pork onto the grill and cook for 7 minutes
- Turn the pork over and cook for 8 minutes
- Remove pork from the grill and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pork into thin slices
- Place the remaining ingredients in part B into a medium bowl and toss.
- Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes and drain.
- Serve up evenly onto plates
- Put sliced pork into the buns (dividing the amounts evenly).
- Put the top halves of the buns on and enjoy.
3. Barbecue Grilled Peppered Beef Tenderloin
-3 T black peppercorns
-1 tsp beef bouillon granules (or 1 cube)
-1 tsp oregano
-2 tsp paprika
-1 tsp cornstarch
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp onion powder
-3.5 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Place each ingredient into a spice grinder and proceed to ground until they have combined. Make sure the peppercorns have been competely ground down.
- Coat the beef with the spices
- Preheat your grill on a high temperature
- Dial the heat back to medium and add the beef to the grill. Cook for 6-10 minutes on each side. Using a thermometer can help to make sure your beef is cooked all the way through.
- Take the beef off the grill and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice and serve
4. BBQ Steak Tacos
1 tbsp olve oil
2 corn on the cob
2 peaches, peeled, cored and diced
1 sliced jalapeno
1/2 small red onion
1 cup cherry tomatores, halved
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 lime, juiced
Flank steak (one pound)
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the corn and cook for about 8 minutes. Remove the corn and place in a separate bowl.
- Add the peaches, red onion, tomatoes, limejuice and jalapeno to the bowl. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Turn the grill to high heat and place the steak on the grill (Seasoning with salt on each side). Cook for 3 minutes each side
- Place steak on a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak into strips.
- Wrap your tortillas in tin foil and heat for ten minutes.
- Serve steak into portions in your tortillas and top with additional seasonings.
5. BBQ Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tbspn sriracha
2 tsp finely grated fresh giner
3 minced garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb skinless chicken thighs
- Mix everything apart from the chicken thighs into a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes
- 30 minutes prior to cooking, remove the chicken and let it rest at room temperature
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Leave to rest for a couple of minutes then serve.
6. Barbecue Chicken with Bacon and Cheddar
4 chicken breasts
8 rashers of bacon
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
4 slices medium cheddar cheese
- Preheat the grill
- Use 2 pieces of bacon to wrap each piece of chicken
- Cook chicken on the grill for 7 minutes on each side (Add BBQ sauce during cooking)
- Add the cheese to the chicken
- Heat until the cheese has melted and add BBQ sauce
7. Bacon and Whiskey BBQ chicken kebabs
1/4 glass of Whiskey (Bourbon)
2 tbspns apple cider vinegar
4-5 lbs chicken breasts
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh black pepper
1/4 cup sweet paprika
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
6 bacon rashers
12 wooden skewers
- Preheat the grill
- Mix th BBQ sauce, vinegar and whiskey together in a bowl and leace ot rest.
- Add bacon to the bowl and blend until it turns into a glaze
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Dry the chicken and add the bacon mix. Coat the chicken all over and put on skewers.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 3 minutes each side. Add barbecue sauce and cook for another minute
8. BBQ Shrimp Skewers
1lb jumbo raw shrimp
2 crushed cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp BBQ Sauce
8 wooden skewers
- Soak the skewers in water for 20 minutes before you begin cooking
- Add the garlic salt and pepper to the shrimp and leave to marinate.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat
- Place the shrimp on the grill, cooking both sides for 8 minutes.