When it comes to producing amazing barbecued food, we’ve got you covered. In this article we break down 6 of our best BBQ recipes with delicious meals from burgers to spiced corn on the cob. Get a pen and some paper, and start writing these down!
1. Juicy Lucy Burger
500g Beef mince
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
4 Cheese slices
1 Shredded Lettuce
1 Large Tomato (Sliced)
4 Burger Buns
1 small red onion
- Put the beef mince into a bowl and add some Worcester sauce, with mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together and scrunch them up into 4 balls
- Cut each ball into two and then flatten them down into thin patties.
- Put a cheese slice on top of 4 of the balls and then enclose it by putting another patty on top. Pat down the patties to make sure the cheese is sealed in.
- Preheat your frying pan
- Start to season your burgers before frying for 4 minutes each side
- Add lettuce and tomato to the bun, place the burgers on top and then add your final ingredients.
2. Double-Swiss and Green Chilli Relish Burgers
750g Beef Mince
1 Red onion
Handful of Flat-leaf parsley
Handful of Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
16 slices of Emmenthal
8 Bread rolls
2 Green chilles (Seeded and diced)
¼ Diced Onion
1 tbsp Flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp White wine vinegar
½ tsp Golden Caster sugar.
- Mix the green chillies, diced onion, flat-leaf parsley, white wine vinegar and golden caster sugar together.
- Mix the mince, onion, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs and mustard together before diving into 16 burgers. Start heating your barbecue. Dust the burgers with oil then cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the burgers are cooked through, add your cheese. Wait for the cheese to start to melt
- Add lettuce and tomato to your buns. Put in a burger and add a skewer to tie it all together.
3. Brazilian Piri Piri Poussins
2 Garlic cloves
1 tsbp Worcester sauce
Piri Piri suace
5 red chillies
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 juiced lemons
1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- Create a marinade for the Poussins with the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil (3 teaspoons) and put into a pyrex bowl.
- Pick up some scissors and start to cut the backbone off of the poussins. Discard the spines and rib bones.
- Next, season the poussins with salt and pepper, before adding the marinade (It’s a good idea to let them marinade over night for the best flavor.
- Cook the chillies and garlic until they turn black (This should take around 5 minutes). Next, remove any loose skin from the chillies and peel the garlic.
- Once pealed, place the chillies and the garlic into a blender with the sugar, paprika, lemon juice and some oil. Add a 2-3 tbsp of water and start blending.
- Start heating the barbecue. Cook your poussins for 12 minutes on each side. Once the meat is close to being done add your sauce on both sides of the poussins.
4. Spiced Corn on the Cob
6 Corn on the cobs
50 grated Parmesan
5 tbsp mayonnaise
6 tbsp soured cream 6
150g feta cheese
2 tbsp gochujang or chilli paste or sauce
¼ tsp smoked paprika
- First you need to combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix them all together and put them into a baking tray.
- Heat the barbecue and brush the corn with oil.
- Next start to grill your corn on the cob for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to turn regularly so that they are evenly charred.
- When cooked, coat the cobs with sauce and add the parmesan. A touch of lime will help to finish the cooking off.
5. Dr Pepper Ribs
3 Racks of 500g ribs
1.5 litres Dr Pepper
8 Whole allspice berries
Dr Pepper 200ml
6 tbsp Soft Brown sugar
6 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground allspice
- Heat your oven to 160C (140C if you’re using a gas oven). Place the ribs meat side down into an oven tray.
- Pour on the Dr Pepper and add the additional spices.
- Cover the rack with foil and cook for 2 hours
- Place the soft brown ugar, tomato ketchup, dijob mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ground all spice into a pan and heat until they turn into a syrup.
- Turn up the overn to 200C (or 180C if you’re using a gas oven). Drain all the liquid from the over tray.
- Turn over the ribs and add your glaze.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, adding more glaze as needed.
- Slice the rack and serve.
6. Vegan Burgers
- Olive oil
- 400g Black beans
- 100g Cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp crushed Fennel seeds
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
7.1 tsp Smoked Paprika
8.25g Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Flat-leaf parsely
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
2 tsp Golden caster sugar
1 Red onion (sliced)
100g Silken tofu
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
English mustard powder a pinch
1 tsp chipotle paste
1 avocado (Peeled, no stone)
½ chopped red onion
12 red chilli
1 tbsp coriander chopped
½ juicded lime
4 burger buns
- For the pickled onion, mix your vinegar and the sugar with salt until the sugar breaks down.
- Add your onion and cover.
- Next, blend all the silken tofu, cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard powder and chipotle paste together. Keep going until the mix has a smooth consistency. Then add 2 tbsp of olive and blend again. Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover it in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the avocado and mash it up in a pressing motion with a fork. Then add the onion, coriander and chili. Next, add your seasoning and lime juice before placing in the fridge.
- When making the burgers add ingredients 1-9 together and blend until they stick together. Divide into 4 balls and flatten them into burger patties.
- Heat your barbecue and cook the patties for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, flip and cook for the same amount of time.
- Add your guacamole, mayo, tomato and skewer.